• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Panfish lake for opener

My friends and I typically rent a cabin at a resort reasonably close to Mille Lacs for Friday/Saturday/Sunday of opening weekend, then move to Mille Lacs Sunday afternoon and fish it through Tuesday. We are mainly interested in Crappies and Sunfish for the weekend. I wonder if anyone has suggestions for decent panfish lakes at this time of year that would have a resort available. Thanks for your help.

Those would be my choice. I fish Farm Island up until opener. The crappies in Bay are decent size but plentifull. The bay in front of the boat dealer always has spring crappies. There is a public access there as well. Farm Island crappies can be found in the reeds and along weedy shorelines. The people at the Farm Island store have lots of good info... Good Luck

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

[This message has been edited by D-man (edited 01-24-2002).]