• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

D-man/ if they are fishing in Brainerd then my little panfish lakes must be froze. I'm going up as soon as I can. I wonder if the big G is froze?
ffm

Are you sure we'll still have ice in March? lol If there is enough ice on Mille Lacs I'll be pullin out my little red shanty. Hopefully the big pond will freeze tomorrow night. DNR website said 8 degrees for Aitkin tomorrow night. Pray for no wind.
ffm

D-man/ I can't see theres 4 inches, Steve Jr. was ther today got a limit of crops. Going there Tuesday.
ffm

Ray and the breakfast club went there today. They are going to give me a report tonight. Steve said that Hickory and Little Pine were also froze. So many choices!
ffm

The big "G" is not frozen with safe ice yet. there are still open spots. The big "G" is a secret. sssshhhhhhhhhh.
I did catch some huge crappies (13.5 inches) on a different area lake though

Anyone here have an idea as to what a big Bluegill really is? Typically I don't consider a bluegill nice until it reaches about 9 inches(3/4#)and big until about 10 inches. Those are nice gills.
There is also a trick to get a bluegill to hit, much as a Crappie. Its all in worm positioning and jig orientation.

"Gaurdian Fish" is something that few people are aware of...and would never know exist without the aid of electronics.
But gaurdian fish can hinder an effort to catch fish. A gaurdian fish is typically a single fish suspended about 2-4 feet above the rest of the school. Other fish will not come above this fish, and typically the so called "gaurdian fish" is not catchable.
However, if you do catch the guardian fish it is typically a large sized one. Are the fish really that smart? I dont know but its a trend I have seen on many lakes when fishing panfish.

Pro Crappie Guide,
Are you for hire? If so, How can I get ahold of you?

Seabass77

Fleming has a large population of Crappies, however the size runs mainly in the 4-8 oz. range.
A few years back Crappies ran 10 oz and better, but now due to some really strong spwans in the recent 3-4 years, the smaller fish dominate.

Just wanted to know if any one had heard of a ice report for Minnewawa or Big Sandy. I was going to call Big Sandy sports or Willy's to see but I always like to hear from the other people. Last Sunday there were 3 brave souls in the middle of minnewawa's main bay, but no one in the narrows. I am taking a friend and his family up there this weekend and need to see if it is ok for walking
Lets pray "ice"

Big Sandu is a lame duck yet...still lots of open water. Some of the bays have ice, but open spots speckle the ice cover. Still going to be a while for Sandy'.