• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I need some help. I am going to spend a week on Lower Bottle Lake north of Park Rapids to do some serious relaxing and fishing. According to the DNR there is a decent walleye population and the lake has good varied structure. I have never been on the lake and was hoping you could give me a little advice on how to fish this lake around
mid-September. I’m coming from Kansas City so any help would be appreciated.

This time of year, the eyes ussually get the best of me on Lower Bottle. I have better luck finding Northerns with big spinner baits. Trolling or casting to the edge of the weeds is the most productive. Large mouth also hit the big spinner baits when casting. If anyone has a pattern that works well for walleyes on Lower Bottle I would also be interested in finding out.
Sod

• 4 weeks later...

i have a cabin on upper bottle that is connected to lower. my parents now live up there in the summers. according to my dad fishing has been slow on both lakes, but last weekend he caught a 5lb walleye in the channel. email me back if you would like more info.

[email protected] or [email protected]

Brian

Good Luck guys, I tried that lake a few weeks ago and it was slow as well. I assume that 5 pounder was a CPR. That's good, we need to do everything we can in those lakes to assist the growth. I would try Big Sand or Potato, they've been very productive the last few weeks.

Good Luck !!!

------------------