• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Two Inlets Lake

I am staying at Weigelwood Resort the last week of July for the first time and just wondering if anyone has fished Two Inlets lake before and would be willing to share any info. I checked the DNR website and it looks like a good walleye and crappie lake.

Great little lake smile.gif.

[This message has been edited by Sliderfishn (edited 07-22-2004).]

I posted this on another website, but in case you missed it.....

My family has stayed at Brookside Resort on Two Inlets for the past 20 years, usually for a week in July. Two inlets is a relatively small lake that is about 15 miles north of Park Rapids. Although there are walleyes in this lake, they are certainly not abundant and are difficult to catch at times. Like a lot of lakes sunrise and sunset are the best time for walleyes on Two Inlets. In the mornings I have had success with green spinners tipped with leeches and or suckers/chubs backtrolling the weedlines. In the evening switch to a chartreuse or fire tiger shallow diver and also work the weed edges. If it is a sunny warm day, you will have a better chance of finding a three legged ballerina than catching a walleye in the afternoon hours. Again, there are some decent walleyes in the lake, but if you catch more than 1 or 2 a day I would be surprised.

Now for the good news. Two Inlets is the best crappie lake that I have fished. In past years there has been a huge number of 9-12 inch crappies that make this lake a blast to fish. In July, they are extremely aggressive and will hit many different things including plain plastic jigs (white, pink or purple), plain hook and minnow, and my personal favorite the beetle spin (reel in very slowly). Try the shoreline that has the floating docks on it and the small bay that is adjacent (to the left) of the little channel that leads to the second part of the lake. These crappies will hit on cloudy days, mornings, and every evening starting about 6:00 pm.

There are some bass and northerns on the lake also that will provide for some additional action. Good luck!

Thanks for the info Pannyraid.
I will post my results.