• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sami

Do you have an update on conditions at Potato lake. Will be arriving on Sunday and really looking forward to the fishing.
If you have any special tips I can be reached at Justfishing68144 at yahoo

Thanks for all your help

Bob

[This message has been edited by Justfishing (edited 07-19-2004).]

Dont think you could do much more for me other than sit in the boat next to me pointing out all your honey holes

Thanks for all the great info.

surface temps were about 72-74. fishing was tough. i went up with a bunch of friends this weekend. we were on the water by 5:30 a.m. on Fri and Sat. large mouth and pike were almost non-existent. tried topwaters, spinnerbaits, cranks. i think the fish were effected by a small front that moved thru. if you are on the water early in the am and hit the bullrushes in the west arm and on the north west side of the main body, you should be o.k. it will all depend on the weather. we had sun and no wind most of the weekend (which is great for suntanning and golfing, but not fishing) if the weather is like that i would try working the deep edge of the cabbage weedline with cranks or worms (the cabbage runs from 6 to 15 feet) if you have overcast and a little chop on the water i would work the inside edge of the cabbage and in the bullrushes.

the smallies were a little better, but still not great. for smallies try small topwaters above the cabbage on the rockpiles out from the condos(north west side of main body, they are marked with bouys) make sure you stay as far away from them as you can so you don't spook the fish. also if you try crayfish immitations or "senko" style stickbaits or flukes that should work well also. another spot for smallies is down in the far south end. there are not alot of rocks down there so try fishing around the cabbage on the drop offs. you should be able to see the tops of the cabbage fairly well.

if the bass and pike won't cooperate then i would try for panfish (sunnies, rock bass or crappies) try the bullrushes and lillypads in the west arm.

have fun! let me know if you have any other questions.

andy

------------------
YIPPPPEEEEEEEE

i would love to fish with ya. maybe i could find a way to run my business with my cell phone from the lake. i could get a satellite hookup for my laptop and i would be set. just fish and golf all summer. i could work from november to april. oh, wouldn't that be nice. smile.gif