• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Our family will be heading up for a week at the end of July to potato for the first time. My grandparents use to go up there all the time during the 80's, did well on panfish. Unfortunately they are not around anymore to give me advice. All I know is my grandpa use to refer to a point on the lake called freddy fender point anyone here of this? Also I have three boys who love to fish for whatever as long as they are biting. Any fishing tips for this time of year on potato, panfish,walleye,smallies etc. I know this is long, but any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, YWalleye

go to the bottom of the Park Rapids page and you will find a discussion open for Potato. Hopefully Sammi will update after this weekend.

Where are you staying on Potato.

Wd,
If you are looking for panfish in Potato, try the west arm. I have done well in there before on the north shore by the reed points. Actually the whole shoreling is decent for pannies. There are some very nice crappies in this lake and they seem to hang out there every year about this time. You should also be able to muster up a few sunnies that will make the frying pan.

[This message has been edited by Willy (edited 07-17-2004).]

I am camping at Bayside Resort with my 11 yo son starting Sunday the 25th. I have a white 16' aluminum boat with a large red bobber on the side - 2 foot long bobber. Give us a holler if you see us on the lake.

Nels

I have a Johnson 20hp tiller. My brother is in the sign business and made red reflective decals for the boat with the word bobber and a giant bobber. should make me pretty easy to spot. The boat is nothing special but we dont have many good lakes around Omaha. I will look for you on the water.

Bob

wdgold:

i have posted some info on one of the other threads. if you have specific questions let me know. i would be happy to answer them. i will be on Potato from Julyh 31 to Aug 7. when are you going to be at Vagabond?

andy

Justfishin-
I'll be up there that same week. Can't wait!We are staying at Eagle Bay Resort on Eagle Lake, which is connected to Potato. I hope to get over to Potato at least a few times. I'll be in a green and white Crestliner tiller with a gray Johnson. I'll keep a look out for ya.
Good luck fishing,
Nels

Gold

Do you have a boat or are you renting one while you are up there.

I will keep and eye out for you. Hope to see you on the water.