• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Are there any lakes in the area that are good for daytime fishing? Although I had reasonable success with CW#5 during the day, most of the lakes in the area are quite clear and best fished in the wee hours of the morning or late at night (or so I'm told). The reason I ask is my father doesn't like to stay out too late, and when you are on vacation it can be hard getting up in the morning. We fished some odd hours, but with reasonable success.

I would appreciate any advice for daytime fishing in the area.

Thanks
Mike Greene

If your just looking for some action, the northerns are usually pretty eager to bite in the middle of the day. Also, I have had pretty good success with the bass and sunfish in the middle of the day. I have found that most fish are up in the weeds or under the docks and lilly pads during the day.
Mornings and evenings are still the best bite though.
Good luck,
Nels