• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

No one mentioned 1st Crow wing

I was just going through this fine forum here and I have been looking up the crow wing lake chain, and it seems that noone has mentioned the first one at all. Is that because noone likes going up that mile long river smile.gif My great grandpa had one of the original cabins on the first lake and usually I go up there every year or other year. (its been 2 1/2 right now)

But I was wandering what other people thought about the fishing on number 1 compaired to the others specificly 2-4, it seems that I only have luck on #1 but that could be due to the fact that I hardly have fished on the other lakes to much.

Thanks in advance
DEAN

The fishing may be better because it does not get pounded like the others.

I have only fished it in the winter though, but did have some success. It looks like it would be a fun lake to try in a boat.

I tried to get there once from 3rd. After motoring for 3 hours and going through 27 gallons of gas, I quit.

Slight exaggeration, but it is more like 3 miles through very shallow waters isnt it? I did try once, but never got there.

Im not sure, my dad has always told me that the river between 1 & 2 is a mile, but going that slow with little wake through the river, especially on a pontoon boat, well it takes some time. Had to strap my jetski to the back of the pontoon so I could take it to the other lakes.

PS by the way if any of you own jet ski's, they are the best thing to fish off of. I have a 99 gtx seadoo which is a 3 seater, and that works best for going pretty much wherever I want to go plus you can sit backwards on it in idle and steer with your shoulders, that makes the best way to troll by yourself.