• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey all. I will be up for the opener this coming week and my folks have a new place just off of Long Lake. The only lakes I have fished up there have been the Crow Wing Chain (5&6).

I was wondering if you could give me the heads up on Walleyes in Long Lake, or any strategy for this particular lake that has not yet been discussed for other lakes on the message board.

Thanks
Mike G

Long is a hard lake to fish, there is a ton of structure. Stick to the shorelines if your fishin this weekend. If I were only going to fish long this weekend I would fish crappies.

Thanks for the info. Long Lake did have a ton of structure, but didn't have much luck with the panfish. We did come up with a walleye and a pike. I enjoyed the lake very much except for the sunken logs (tons) and the cold weather which kept the **** fish from hitting.

take care
mike g

Sunken logs? Sounds like a good bass lake. Can anyone tell me how the bass fishing is on Long? I'm always looking for good bass lakes, especially ones with flooded timber. Catch and release only, of course. If any of you know of any other good bass lakes in the area that you would be willing to share, you can email me at. [email protected]

Nels

[This message has been edited by NELS-BELLS (edited 05-21-2004).]