• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any crappie action in the shallows yet? If so, what's working? I assume ice is out on most smaller lakes by now.

Thanks,
Scott

I don't usually get up there until the opener and I spend more time chasing slabs than I do walleyes. My experience has been that the bite usually doesn't get going on most lakes up there until just after the opener and I've tried a lot of different lakes. I have better luck for crappies fishing central Mn lakes this time of year.
My advice would be to find a lake with a shallow bay on the north shorline.
As far as ice out...it must be a secret but I would think that the ice is off most of the lakes up there by now.
Good luck,
Nels

Nels-

Thanks for the info. Our lake, Big Stony, has such a small bay on a north shore. It's produced a few crappies in April before. That's about the only time I can find any crappies, as it's not a real great crappie lake. I was just wondering if anyone else was catching any early season crappies.

It has been somewhat difficult to get much information about ice-out. One of the posts yesterday said Big Sand still has ice. I'm assuming the ice is out on our lake, based on conditions I saw when I was up there the middle of last week.

-Scott