• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Restaurant capital of the world?

I have heard it is in the Park Rapids area:
Paris
New York
DORSET?
dorset_map.gif

[This message has been edited by DaveTV (edited 03-11-2004).]

Not sure what your point is. Of course it's a slogan to attract tourist $, but I believe they claim the highest # of restaurants per capita. It's a pretty neat little town, and supprising how much business those restaurants during the peak of the tourist season.

Companeros is a great place for Mexican food.

Companeros ROCKS!! you need to get there very early in the summertime to get in without waiting a long time... but well worth the wait.... the place right across the street (i forgot the name) has real good ribs and chicken also...

The Goose Crossing in Nevis offers decent dinner fare. Another cool little off the path place that fills up quickly all summer-- and often in winter.

-a friend called Toad

The "goose crossing"? Is it possible the name has changed? Maybe now the "Silver Pike"? What part of Nevis is it located in? (I spend 1-2 week-ends/month in Nevis and I don't recall a place by that name)

See Rick at Compeneros, he is one of the nicest guys in the whole of northern Minnesota. He has run the place for 20 plus years, and I just want to say that he and his family have always been really nice to me and my family. Thanks Rick, and we will see you this spring!!! Mark.

The Goose Croosing went belly up!!!!! The new place is called silver pike, it is located on hwy 34.

Mark

It's a L O N G drive from Vancouver, WA to Dorset but I look forward to my Broasted Chicken dinner at the Dorset Cafe almost as much as the fishing every year. I've traveled the world and eaten some mity fine food but the chicken at the Dorset Cafe is in a class all by it's self.

If you ever get a chance to be in Dorset the first Sunday in August you gotta check it out
3K ppl at Taste of Dorset. $6 for all the beer you can drink.

Companeros is the best mexican restaurant in the world. the chips and salsa alone are worth the trip. plus la pasta in dorset is great also

Hey don't forget about the Logging Camp. Out of town a little but if you leave their hungry you didn't do something right. Can't wait till the camping season starts again.

------------------
Marble-Eyes - They're not for suckers!!!

wally I live just down the road from the logging camp your right they got some good pancakes!You do a lot of campin? If you need some campfire wood let me know.

Hook, yes we do camp alot. Almost every weekend plus a full week during the 4th of July. We have 5 acres on East Crooked Lake were we have two campers parked. I'd love to live up there in god's country. Both the fishing and the hunting are awesome. We should be coming up in the next week or two to put in the dock, boat lift and get everything else in order for another great year of camping. How much ice is left up there? Here around St.Cloud some lakes are already open. Sorry I got a little carryed away on my post. We usually cut or own wood but run out quickly so I,ll keep you in mind.

------------------
Marble-Eyes - They're not for suckers!!!

• 2 weeks later...

My vote goes to the Dorset Cafe for the Brosted chicken also.

They have to best tap beer around, it comes in a icy mug.

Companeros is by far the best restraunt in the PKR area. They have the best chicken enchilada I have ever eaten. Their margaritas are fabulous as well.

i could be wrong, but i thing they are open from Memorial Day to Labor Day...

------------------
YIPPPPEEEEEEEE

For what it's worth, Companeros' website says they are open from May 7 - Sept. 30. Limited hours during May and Sept. That corresponds with my recollection. Amazing that we spend a lot more time talking about restaurants than fishing!

-Scott

whats the name of the restaurant that has the ice cream in Dorset. We like going there for ice cream.

That'd be the Dorset House. I believe it's owned by the same folks as Companeros.

• 2 weeks later...

Where abouts is the Logging Camp? I've been hunting and fishing north of Nevis for around 20 years and have never stumbled across it - might have to give it a try. If I can pull myself from the woods or lake.

i think the Logging Camp is on Cty road 18 on the north side of Fishhook lake... from downtown Park Rapids take hwy 71 north to cty rd 18 and go east (it will wind around Fishhook).

------------------
YIPPPPEEEEEEEE