• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i need to now some spots to fish on little sand big sand and ida becuz im goin on vacation on little sand in june for a week and need to now if neone has some nice bass/eyes/or pike spots

------------------
ty

There are ton's of spots to fish. In june though I would be on big sand. Try ida but don't waste to much time if you don't hook up. Little sand use to be alot better, but if you find fish it can be good. Try any of the humps on big sand or cool ridge. No secrets there. Little sand most of the points can be good, just find a transition line and work it. Ida just troll around it won't take you long to get around it, there is a rock bar as you enter the back west bay that holds some nice smallies. PLEASE don't forget C&P&R. Hopefully this will help you somewhat.

Tyler,
You just need to get out and do some fishing to find the fish.

You obviously are excited about going, judging from the number of posts. Fishing will be very good when you go....the trick will be to hit as much structure as you can, and keep on the move til you find fish. The fish will be very agressive at this time of the year and will bite. Jigs and spot tails are dynamite at this early part of June as can be fatheads.

I would concentrate on the shoreline structure in the 15-25' depth....and if nothing...move to the humps out deep and work them.

Tyler I agree with what Hammer'em (sp) is saying have not fished Little sand much but have fished big a little. The bite for eyes gets better as it warms up the lake is pretty deep in some areas.
The bait shops in town are willing to give up information just ask I'm sure they will help. A good lake map will also help Big Sand has TONS of structure there are lots of good shallow flats where you can actually see some pretty nice bass swimming around and my uncle caught a huge pike out of there two years ago. Just remember if you get some eyes there is a slot limit on Big Sand.
Good luck it is a very fun lake to fish if one species is tough there are others to try for.

Big Sand Lake (Hubbard County)

* WALLEYE: All from 18" through 26" must be immediately returned to the water. Only 1 over 26" allowed in possession.

Im tylers cousin and i was messin around and now itsa time to get serious......is there any good spots in the beginning of big sand coming through ida......my dad was trolling the weed beds in ida and hooked into some nice late night walleye is that a key "goin out late" or doesnt it matter if you could help plz post thanks a bunch

------------------
Ben Kern

Yes trolling around pts is a great spot in little sand anybody have any more?

yes that big reed line about a half a mile away for the ida little sand bridge is a good spot for sum eyes in ida

THank u all for all the help i really appreciated it.if anyone has any more jus reply thx

• 3 weeks later...