• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any reports on potato for eyes? Will be there this weekend. Plan on fishing around sunken island, main lake north end, (south/east corner. Plan on setting up in 18-20', tip ups in 14 and 24'. Any suggestions appreciated, Rick

Rick-
How have you been? Any luck on Lake Alex. since I saw you last?
I have a cabin on Eagle lake which is connected to Potato. We fish Potato a few times each summer but the last few years it hasn't been very good. I haven't tried ice fishing it yet but might try it next weekend. Please post how you do. Can you get on Potato at the public landing on the west arm with an ATV? Wish I could be more help. I do have some GPS cooridinates for some of the mid lake reefs if you need them.
Good luck
Nels

Nels, good to hear from you. No I have not been fishing since seen you last. My mother passed away in Ohio and I'm the executer, so was gone a couple weeks. I have a time share on potato, a week in feb and another in october. In winter, I go from condo with atv right onto lake. I have a gps so I know a little about the lake. This past fall, 1st week in oct was decent fishing. Last feb got shunked, fished 10-12 hrs a day for a week and nothing. Past years have had decent luck, but last year one high pressure after another. Hoping to get a few this time. Will start around the island and go deeper in day. I have a couple areas to try. Will let ya know and good fishin, Rick

Nels, not much luck with eyes. Only caught 2. 1 (18) & 1 (16). Caught 1 in 17' and another in 26'. They were in west arm, on NE area by entance to main lake. Tried main lake area at big sunken island. fished 10' to 30 and only northerns. Went about 150 yds south, into 30-45" and nothing. Oh well, will wait now for soft water. Dood luck, Rick

Rick-
It looks like my wife has different plans for me this weekend. Oh well at least you didn't say that you caught your limit. That would have just added salt to the wound. Thanks for the report. Hope you have better luck this summer.
Nels