• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if anyone has herd how the fishing is on Little or Big Sand. I am heading up there this weekend and any advice whould be appreciated.

Thanks-
Trolly

So Sod, You got a place on the lake we can all come threw to get out there?? any ideas?
how does one get on the lake in the winter?

I was up there over the weekend and was able to get on the lake by the public access. You can either walk or drive an ATV on to the lake. There is open water where you would launch your boat but there is about 4 ft of ice along the shore to the right side of the boat launch which will allow passage of an ATV onto solid ice.. This spot is just barely wide enough (the edge of your tire might get wet)but the water is only a foot or less in depth if you slip off. Cars and trucks can not get onto the lake at the public access. Be carefull and good luck!
Jim

Trolly -
There are some (not alot) Walleye being caught on Big Sand. Also some nice Northerns being caught while fishing for eyes.

There is a ridge near the middle of the lake where you will find several ice shacks in a straight line. These shacks are over about 22 - 25 ft of water with a sharp drop-off on either side of the ridge. Fish during either the early morning or the late evening hours with shiners. Good Luck!
Jim

Will be on Big Sand this weekend. Have not fished this lake for a while. What side of the lake seems to produce the bigger fish. I have a had good luck on the east side but wondering where all the houses have been this year? Any insight would be appreciated.

FishinM -
I won't be up there this wk end but it is looking good for the following wk end. When I'm out on the ice, look for a John Deere Gator with an Eskimo Qiuck flip II portable. Stop and say hi. Good luck!

Thats what I am looking for. I am not in search of meat. Just looking to catch some elusive monster walters. really looking foward to this weekend. Cold front coming through today but should be alright for the weekend. I plan on putting some serious time on the lake. Will I see you out there?