• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is there going to be ice up there this weekend for the deer opener? If so do you think that it will be walkable by Sat.? I am going to be up by Itasca State Park and I want to know if I should bring some of my ice fishing gear.

I was up at the Mantrap chain this past weekend. Early in the mornings there was some very thin ice (1/4 inch at the most) 6 - 8 feet from shore in the quiet areas of the lakes. By noon, however, the ice was gone. The odds are against having any safe ice on any of the lakes near Park Rapids this weekend.

How much snow is on the ground up in the PR area. I'll be hunting down around Menahga this weekend. Good luck everybody!!

with these cold temps dont be surprised if your ponds, small lakes, and streams are froze over. the only lakes up here in bemiji that dont have ice are the big ones.
fisher13

• 2 weeks later...

Satchmo
was hunting menahga as well. 5+" after the -16 degrees on Saturday. We saw a couple portables on the way to Huntersville on Sunday night to watch the vikes. We took the wheelers a ways out but never did get around to fishing. We ended up with 1 doe and one 11 pointer by Sunday night.