• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lakes within the White Earth Res.

I like to explore remote lakes. The more remote the better. I fish mostly for Bass. (C&R of course). I noticed on my Plat book that there are a lot of small lakes within the White Earth Indian Res. Are any of these lakes worth checking out, or is it best to stay out of that area?

Nels

For bass a good lake to try is Snyder or South Twin. South Twin is a little easier to get to and the Bass should be real active out there. I have not been there for a while but it's worth a try. White Earth can be good for smallies and largemouth as well.

Thanks for the info Cracker. I usually fish out of an older 16' aluminum boat that I pull with a 4 wheel drive, but I also have a canoe that I use when there is no landing. Can I get the boat in both of these lakes?
Nels

No Problem. The access at Lynwood on South Twin is a little shallow but in good shape. The access to use on White Earth is at Cedar Crest Resort. Concrete ramp and nice lake to fish. Ask Fred the resort owner where to target the bass, his son likes to fish for them.