• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anybody fish in this area anymore? I can't believe the number of questions or posts for this area that go unanswered and I know there is a lot of people on the lakes.
Either the fishing is bad or nobody is willing to share a little input.
I dont think anybody is asking for GPS cooridinates to any hotspots. Just some basic info., good or bad, so they can know what to expect and hopefully improve their experience. After all isn't that what this forum is all about?

Nels

Last weekend we trolled raps on Big Sand in 30-40 feet during the middle of the day and caught nothing. Then we went to Potato for smallies and caught a few, but they were real finicky. We also hit Mantrap for Muskies, saw some real nice fish, and had one on but I knocked it off with the damm cradle.

Thanks for the report Hammerhandle.
I will be at Eagle Bay Resort on Eagle Lake in a couple of weeks and I plan on fishing Eagle, Island and Potato. In the past I have caught walleyes on Eagle and Island but not one on Potato. Last year I caught and released some 14" - 16" Smallies on Potato fishing the sunken islands. This year I want to trailer the boat to some small remote lakes and try for whatever, preferebly Bass or walleyes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'll have a full report, good or bad, when I get back.

Nels

The Walleyes are too tough for myself on Potato this time of year. My theory is they're all deep and have no reason to bite because of all the forage in the lake. I see allot of people out there fishing em though, so who knows. I don't get to too many smaller lakes, we used to do well on Cedar for bass but I haven't been there in a few years.