• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

July/August fishing on Bottle Lakes

I'm heading up to Bottle Lake(Upper Bottle) the last week of July with my family and would like some tips for fishing this lake late in the summer. I've fished it a few times before with limited success but I'd really like to get my kids into some decent fishing this time. Are there any patterns that seem to work better than others during this time of year? We have a boat and aren't too picky about species, although we're determined to find some walleyes this year! Thanks

As you probably know the Bottle Lakes are deep and clear so low light or no light is the key usually. I have had little success there in the summer months we usually get a few straglers (spring is best). ButI have been told the usual presentations do work. Try a crawler with a spinner or troll crankbaits. The lake is a real good lake when you do find them.