• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Never fished this area before (S.E. Iowa boy), but a buddy talked me into coming up on 6/20 for a week. We're staying at Green Valley Resort, I think on 5th. What can I expect? How big is the lake? Where can I go from here? Walleyes, crappie, gills???

I'm a real newbie up here, but really stoked about the trip. Bringing my 16 yr old daughter (loves to fish!) so I want some numbers for her, but I'd like some size for myself...any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks - Matt Clark

There's no Green Valley Resort on 5th Crow Wing, nor 6th.

There is a Green Valley Resort on Pelican Lake, near Glenwood, south of Alexandria.

Can you check your destination?

Hey Hazmat,you got your bags all packed?I'm ready to catch some crappies,Gills,Walleyes.Hope we get into em.

Hey hazmat,Green valley is on the 7th Crow wing.Be seeing you up there.Maybe we can wet a line.

does anyone know if it is possible to get from 4th to 5th by boat, and if so how shallow does the river get. in my 17.5 foot tracker w/ 90 horse i can get from first all the way to 4th but ive never tried any further.
fisher13

fisher13,you won"t be able to make that with a boat of any size.There"s a dam wright outside of five that will stop you.I don"t think you even could if the dam wasn"t there except by canoe. gilby