• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LAKE BELLE TAINE

Has anyone had luck on this lake and if so can you give me some direction how to fish this lake? thanks

I was only on this lake once years ago and remember catching fish. Sorry I'm not any help but I'm also curious about it now and if it still has any of those blue or silver northern anymore.

havingfunfishing i was up there last weekend fished the bays got 3 10 inch crappies and alot of small sunnys didn't fish to hard.
was about 4or5 boats out at about 7 pm. in deep water maybe after walleyes.

Buckhead I B O T #65

I fish it a couple times a year will be on the lake within the next 2 weeks. There is a lot of bass and northerns in the lake.fish the bay where the public landing is. Use suckers and drag them threw the tops of the weeds we always do real good doing this..

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Belle Taine 2 weekends ago with 3 boats. It's a new lake to us as a friend recently built a cabin.

Weather was absolutely mild and sunny. Our first try was lindy's and leeches by the cemetery within sight of the boat launch. Day and night we had several strikes but (bite marks) only landed one small 'eye between 3 boats. (Ok maybe counting to 10 isn't one of my strengths yet :-)

We fished several of the small reed islands and landed tons of sunnies and bass. We also found that the channels between the bays and main lake had some wall hangers moving along the weed lines... some quite big. Since the water was so clear, you could cast right at them. It was quite fun.

Live bait of choice was leech. Chart. jigs with reflective skirts produced for the panfish. Bass hit everything. Never saw a crappie.

Bottom line: Rig a slip bobber, stick to the weedlines/islands, channels, bring your polarized shades and have a blast.