• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

best lake for the kids to fish

we're coming up to the area for vacation in July. No resort or lake picked out yet so I need some input on the area lakes. I'm a muskie fisherman but I was told that this time it's for the kids. So I'm looking for a great lake for the kids to fish panfish and bass. And, what about resorts?

Thanks
Jeff

Most of the lakes up around Park Rapids are decent Bass and panfish lakes. We have a cabin on Eagle lake which is connected to Potato and Island lakes. My kids love it when we take the channels from one lake to the other because they can see all kinds of fish in the shallow water. Eagle lake has three resorts and a golf course. One is called Eagle Bay resort and I can't remember the names of the others but Potato and Island also have resorts.
Nels

Jyoung,
I can attest to that river being fun for the kids, I remember catching stuff in there as a kid. Mantrap would be another one to look at. Great panfish lake, scenic for the wife, and muskies.

Hammerhandle

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I highly recommend Big Timber Lodge. They have a room for the kids in the lodge, play area and pretty decent panfishing as well.

I took my family there and they all enjoyed it.

BigTimberLodge.com - Click here

Mantrap would be my suggestion as well. I haven't stayed at any of the resorts, but there are muskies for you and panfish, bass, northerns for the kids. Its also very clear and has lots of little bays, channels, islands for scenic boat rides.

Good luck.