• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I haven't been over to the area much lately, but heard the opener was very tough. With the weather warming and the shinners spawing, the eyes should start snappin' soon.

Good luck to all this weekend. I have been getting fish in 18-20 feet of water on jigs and shinners slow jigging. Couple soft jigs and let the jig sit. That's when they are hitting. I'm fishing rock, sand transitions on the windy side of the lake. The rougher, the better.

Not a good weekend 3 days 7 lakes 2 eyes. Both on big sand tough to fish when 15 boats move in. Talked to a couple guides from the area that said fishing is the worst they have seen in years. But know of a couple people who have caught limits. Hard to figure out but wont stop me from trying.

I thought the fishing this weekend was better than the past. I caught eight eyes on Big Sand, they were all to big to keep 18-23 inches. Caught two of them in 8-10 feet, and the others in 18-20 feet. Jigging with a minnow or leech seemed to work the best. Hopefully this weekend will be even better!

Just to let you know...

My buddy was out on Two Inlets lake last weekend and pounded the SLAB crappies.

No joke here, they were all 15 to 16" fish! They boated over 40 fish in two days. These are some tremendous slabs. 4-8' of water, plain hooks and minnows thru the tail, right in the bullrushes.

I would hope that they released them all as well....or only kept what they were going to eat. Yes, I think the crappies are definitely an option. I found many fish up to 15" on opener. But those fish here in DL have since vacated their spawning grounds.

I was on Eagle this past weekend and caught plenty of crappies (kept enough for a meal, released the rest). My neighbor at the lake caught some larger crappies on Potato.
Neither of us had any luck with walleyes.
Nels