• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hey guys. went up to long lake yesterday and put in a full day with no luck at all. went to the far opposite side of the landing by that little creek that comes out. we did really well a couple times last year, but yesterday we only got one. just wondering if trout bite better at a certain time of the year?? better times coming? were we in the right spot? better spots? that lake has alotta structure, and i dont really know whats better either- shallow or deep? we had really good luck about 10 feet down in about 60 feet of water last winter, but this winter i never even read a fish out there. tried up shallower in the fallen timber and saw a couple, missed one. that was about it. any tips for this lake would be greatly apprectiated, i wanna get back up there A.S.A.P and try to get a limit for canning!! real good canned for sandwiches or crackers!

by the way. i dont know how many long lakes are up there, this is about 20-30 miles just north of park rapids, stay on 71 until the road that goes to Manohman and go up a few miles and its on the left.. has a little campground, i beleive it is in itaska state park>?

thanks ahead of time for any info provided!

You sure your not talking about Bad Medicine Lake? I don't know of any Long lake near Itasca State Park.

Is that the Clearwater Co. Park/Campground? I've heard some really good things about that lake. Can you fish trout out of there during the winter? I have a friend who fishes the N-Shore during the summer off the big point.
MinDak