• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Sand is fun!

Finally got out on Big Sand this last weekend! It was a lot of fun. Caught a few nice eyes, but was very slow. The water is so clear. I could see bottom in twenty feet of water. Very awesome! The ice is close enough to shore by the access that I could float my sled along shore and walk right onto the lake. It is worth the effort!

Avid

Isn't there a fence there? However you did it, good work. Why won't the resorts let anyone on the lake? Other than the obvious reason of they don't want the lake fished out. But why wouldn't they want to make a little money? Almost Every fish has to go back anyway because of the slot.

I wish the resorts would allow people to access the lake, but I wonder how many of them are open or have people running them right now. They shouldn't worry about that lake being fished out. It is full of walleyes and there are many state record walleyes in Big Sand according to the Dnr. They net them every year to milk the eggs from the walleyes for their stocking program. Huge walleyes! Some pushing twenty pounds! Wouldn't that be fun to catch!! Well, this cold snap should allow more people to get on the lake! There was no fence there where I accessed. Check it out!

Avid

Any snow on the lake yet? I would think it would be hard to catch them during the day otherwise.

We fish Big Sand every summer but the only time we caught fish this past summer was at night. Is it the same in the winter?

Big Sand is definitely paradise!!!

I know this might take a little effort, but try asking some of the people around the lake. There are several low areas where you could access the lake pretty easy. The worst they could say was no!

• 2 weeks later...

Big Sanders make a pact not to let anyone on the lake in the winter. I heard for 50$ you can get on at Evergreen Lodge. Gee thanks!
Wait till June the weathers better and the eyes fight harder.