• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How are the small area lakes producing? Lakes like Little Blueberry, Heinz, Lords, etc. I want to get the kids out and myself before I forget how to fish. Thanks.

Partime QA ........I've been finding the panfish anywhere from shallow reeds and down to l5 feet on several of the smaller lakes including Hinds......I'm not fishing for them but keep catching them on my bass plastics...There everywhere!.....Caught several dandy sunfish on 6 inch plastic worms in about 10 feet of water.....Have at it, your kids will have a blast with a bobber and a piece of worm.............JP Savage

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Little Blueberry was producing nice panfish. A buddy of mine I work with knows the lake pretty good. He doesn't get out much, but hopefully he'll take me soon!

Not much in the way of crappies on Stony. We have been on the lake for 40 years and the crappie fishing has steadily declined the last 20. You used to be able to catch a limit without leaving the dock. Now you're lucky to find one or two. I personally think it is connected with the stocking of walleye, which started about the same time the crappie situation started to deteriorate. I don't have anything to back that up, though. Plenty of bluegills, with some decent sized.

Has anyone been out fishing Panfish lately? Usually a pretty good time to get into the big ones. Personally, I haven't been out for quite a while. Walleye fishing has taken up a good part of the summer. However, the end of August and September are looking pretty good. Just wondering if anyone has been getting into any gills or slabs?ScottS