• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just returned from a week at Shady Lawn Resort on 5th Crow Wing. Ron and Lois are super hosts!
Summary: Fishing and weather were both on-and-off. A 9.5lb Northern, all the Crappie and Bluegill we could eat and we brought home our limits. I guess we couldn't ask for much more.
Particulars: Crappie were either big or small, the intermedeate size seemed to be missing. Also, the Crappie were'nt schooled up very well, seemed to be more scattered. More big bluegill than usual it seemed. Caught most of the fish in 6 to 8 ft of water along weed beds. Used a yellow curley-tail or a white split-tail jig, 1/8 or 1/16 oz, tipped with a meal worm. Either seemed as effective as the other. The Crappie were biting v-e-r-y light and both the Crappie and Big Bluegills wanted a slow presentation so the 1/16 oz was easier to fish slow and keep just at the weed tops but the 1/8 oz was easier to cast in the wind. They both worked.
Caught the Northern on a medium Northern minnow.
I give this trip an 8 out of 10.

------------------
Anyone see a white whale around here?
Captain Ahab

Captain Ahab,

Glad to hear you got into some good fishing. You are right, Ron and Lois are wonderful hosts. I would encourage anyone to give them a shot, it's a great lake, and a nice facility.

Good Luck,
Rusty