• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

my family is staying at sunny point resort on second crow wing the week of june 15. I was just wondering how the fish were biting? We usually target walleye, northern, and bluegill. past years the walleye fishing has been ok, but the bluegills were rare and small. does anybody have any special spots for me to try? also i was wondering what the water temp is on the area lakes. thanks for any info.
fisher13

I hope your not over looking the bass fishing. It can be great that time of year. June is a great mounth to catch a bass over 20 inches up there.

If you want to get into some great panfishing, then you should stay on 5th or 6th Crow Wing. The crappie and bluegill fishing is great in these to lakes.

I've never heard of anybody fishing 2nd for panfish so I can't help you much there. If you had your own boat you should good to some of the near by lake and fish them. Like Island, 5th or 6th. Great fishing in these lakes.

Your right the bass fishing is pretty good up there at these times of the year. We have never really caught anything with a lot of size but we always a couple bass. We usually see someone come in with a nice sized bass though. what kind of tactics do you usually use when you are bass fishing these lakes, we use a lot of spinners and also some soft plastics intheshallows.
fisher13

If you find a flat with lily pads fish it with top water. Sometime slow because the bass aren't to willing to chase lures yet. If you can't find any lily pad flats then try a lizard in natural colors. I'm not sure why they like the lizard but they love it this time of year. Texas or Carolina rid it and fish it either in the river or near the river mouth. This time of year you can count on finding bass near rivers. The reason is simple. Minnows. All the eggs laided earlier in the year are hatching and the little fish are headed to the lake.

Hope this helps. If you need any more help ask.