• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We will be going to 3rd Crow Wing this weekend for the first time. Would appreciate any helpful hints on the area and which of Crow Wing lakes are good for fishing. Thanks, Jeff

Third Crow Wing is a great lake because you can access first, second, third, and fourth through the river. On third crow wing your best bet for walleye would probably be the sunken islands. They are really easy to locate and there are usually other people fishing there. Pike like to hang out a the river inlets and outlets. I have had luck casting spinners and using large suckers for pike. i have not had much luck with bass, but the few that i have caught have been right off the weed edges by rivers. good luck.
fisher13

We would like to catch any of the big 3, walleye, northern, and bass. Also, some of the guys like to do a little crappie fishing. Thanks, Jeff

3rd Crow Wing is an excellent crappie lake. Check out the many reed stands that line the lakes shore. The water may be a little cool yet but it won't be long.ScottS

Fourth is a great crappie and bass lake. The crappies can be hard to find in fourth because its so shallow. Right now they should be up shallow getting ready to spawn in fourth. The bass are easy to find. I do good fishing for them between fourth and third. There is a huge reed flat between the two lakes thats about 4 feet deep. I pitch jig and pigs or try top water here. This time of year look for them shallow at the north ends of both lakes.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

When you get up there give Big Timber Lodge a call (Located on 3rd Crow Wing). They usually stay on top of the fishing.

You can get their info at:
http://bigtimberlodge.com

Thanks for your help everyone. I will let you know how we did. Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone have any updates on second or third crow wing. i will being staying at sunny point resort the week of june 15. im guessing the walleyes are starting in a littleas well as the pike. thanks for your help
fisher13

Well, we were a week too early I think. The fish just were not biting at all. We caught a few small crappies and a few northerns but nothing else. Could see them on the depth finder but the water was just too cold. Good luck to everyone else. Jeff

If you don't mind alittle drive with the boat try middle crooked. Not much pressure, not many boats,nice boat ramp. Start at the lily pads with spinnerbaits, I had a pike follow, head the size of a bowling ball. Or go to the NW to the back bays. i lost a 30+ on my flyrod. seems chartruese, with white and alittle brown. or black bucktail. My broinlaw had a 48" follow out from the shore. He about crapped his pants. StM