• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i am planning on fishing 8th crow wing for the opener. I was wondering if anyone has any helpful info for me. does the lake have a lot of traffic and will i have to fight for a spot at the access. I have heard good things about the lake and the dnr report has good numbers. I would appreciate any help.
fisher13

• 2 weeks later...

How did you do on 8th Crow Wing? We're going there Thurs., 5/16-5/20, staying at In-You-Go on the SW corner. I posted a question about fishing on this lake a while back & was told to try the areas near the two small bays on the east end. Other info I've seen indicates the sunken island toward the west end, & the northern shores. Any suggestions?

Bill

billart-
We fished 8th for opener from about 5am till noon without much luck. we caught a couple big perch, but didn't boat any walleyes. of all the people i talked to no one had much luck. One guy caught two walleye. There was some fish on the finder but they werent biting. we tried everything from jigging to trolling.There is a lot of good structure on the lake, and once the weather gets a little more stable the lake should start producing. Let me know how your trip goes, and tell me what you think of the resort.
fisher13

This was not a good opener to judge things by. Next weekend will be much better with the warmer water. You should hit things real good when you are up there. Not only should the walleye be biting but the Crappies & Bluegill bite should be turning back on. Good luck and enjoy the Chain!!ScottS

• 2 weeks later...

Fishing on 8th Crow Wing was poor last weekend, Thurs - Sun 5/16-5/20. Sunny but very windy out of the N/NW. Water didn't seem to have warmed up, but I didn't check the temp. I caught 1 walleye in about 28 hours of daytime thru dusk fishing (I didn't go out at dawn as it seemed too cold). 3 others caught 0. We neither caught nor saw any northern. Apparently a small number of crappie were caught, but no heavy action by any means.
We also tried 9th & 10th Friday afternoon with no success.
I'd sure like to hear that fishing has picked up here, as we may likely come back next year, if for no other reason than to prove that we can catch fish in this lake!
We did like the resort, In-We-Go.

Bill