• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who is fishing the Park Rapids area for the opener? I will be I just haven't picked a lake yet. I usually wait to see how it blows. Anyone else fishing the area or have a specific lake they will be fishing?ScottS

i was thinking about fishing the crow wing chain for opener, but I don't know for sure if that is going to work out now. what lakes are you thinking of going to and have you had past luck there?

I like the lakes over by the Crow Wing Chain. For an opener lake I would go with 3rd Crow Wing. I have had pretty good luck on that lake and it is pretty easy to fish. Good current from 4th and some nice gravel humps make the lake fairly easy to fish and predictable. Third is pretty high on my list!ScottS

I like to fish Upper and Lower Bottle. They usually produce good numbers of fish some are small though. We like to fish crappies on and sunfish on the crow wing's if the sun is out in the middle of the day.

I'm still trying convince myself to fish up on my dads land on the eighth crow wing. Its got perfect walleye structure with plenty of gravel and rocks. And if you ever find the walleye slow you can have blast catching big panfish.

bigguns-
I've always wanted to try fishing 8th crow wing but i still haven't gotten around to it. i have heard really good things about it. rumor is there are big pike in there. I think i might give it a try for opener. do you fish it often? is there anything i should know about the lake to increase my chances of success.
thanks,
fisher13

Has anybody ever fished 11th Crow Wing on Opener or any other day? Does it have any potential?

Thanks