• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be fishing this lake for the opener. Wondered if anyone had any info on this lake as I have never fished it before. Thanks

Pherris,

I have only fished this lake in July so I don't know how helpful my post will be for you. However, I can tell you that there is a tremendous amount of 9-12 inch crappies in this lake. My family spends a week each July at Brookside Resort and last year we had a great time going after these fish. They were extremely aggressive and would hit just about anything (i.e. beetle spins,crappie minnows, small rapalas). I would imagine they would be even more aggressive this time of year.

The most productive shoreline for walleyes in July is from the creek next to Brookside Resort to the mouth of the inlet or channel that leads to the other part of the lake. We have had success backtrolling with a spinner/minnow(shiner) combo or trolling with a shallow diver.

There is also a secret hump that is not located on the lake map. Its kind of hard to explain, but I'll try anyway. If you go straight out from the public boat launch - keep left of the small island - until you hit the point. Go straight out from the point and the depths should go from about 25 feet to 9 feet or so.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a pile of ice up here yet over 2 feet so it will be a late ice out. Go real sallow in front of cattails and pitch jigs tipped with shiners. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...