• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

has anyone been on these little lakes lately? i am interested in crappies and pike and i know they have them but where else are they hitting right now?

The weekend of the 9th I fished Hinds for Crappies and did real good. However, the water has warmed up pretty fast since then, and I would imagine they are not in the reeds anymore, that is where found them the weekend of the 9th. There were quite a few boats on Moran, so I skipped it and fished Hinds.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
[email protected]

rpc,
These are 3 of my favorite lakes. Although, if I had to fish any of them now, it would be Hines.
Moran USED to have AWSOME crappie and bluegill fishing, then about 2 winters ago, the locals found out about it and raped it to oblivion. 50-80 trucks every night, took almost all the crappie and bluegill. I have a friend who lives on the lake and have spent many hours fishing it last summer...no gills on the beds, no crappie in the reeds. A case of over-harvest to say the least, this is one lake that will take many years to recover.
As for Lord, it too had HUGE gills, average over a pound. But, like Moran, a group of anglers fished the lake almost every day during the winter and spring cleaning these fish out as well.
Do I sound angry here? I sure hope I do. If anyone tells me that you cannot fish out a lake, I'll give these two examples. Amazing how fishing can go down the tubes in just one year of abuse. It's sad to see.
But, until Hines gets hit, which is only a matter of time, that would be the one out of 3 to fish.
Good luck
>"////=<

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE. I AM THINKING ABOUT TRYING IT OUT AS IT IS CLOSE BY FOR ME AND THEY SOUND LIKE GOOD ONES TO TAKE THE KIDS.