• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone been out ice fishing yet. I have been out several times and the ice has been very different on various lakes. I was fishing over by Frazee this weekend and picked up a nice bunch of Bluegill. However, I tried to get on 4th and 10th Crow Wing without any luck. There was a lot of water on the little ice that was there. OF the lakes I tried, the iced varied from 9 to 3 inches of ice. Be careful and lets here the reports. Good Fishing.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
[email protected]

Steve,
I e-mail Rick guess he is busy, our ice up here is a little shaky, I talked to a few guys who have been out, they chissel their way in front of them, good 6 inches and a few feet away 1 inch, the 7 inches of snow we got didn't help, I am trying to keep up with it to let ya all know. Walleyes are good when they can get out there. It is 9 below now so lets hope its making ice. Will keep you posted.
Sharon
[email protected]
< smile.gif)))><

Scott, I have no idea why I wrote Steve up there, a thousand pardons please. I just talked to some more guys that were trying to get out on Fish Hook, now since the snow, we have a few inches of slush and then a few inches of ice. One put a fish house out and said there was 5 inches of ice, still some slush. Twin Lake by Menahga has 6 plus inches, but it also has the river thru so it is spotty, no fish houses on Long yet,. probably this week-end and after this below zero weather. The hot jig is the Tube-lure made by Outdoor Creations of Minneapolis.
Keep Ya posted
Sharon

Steve/Scott its all the same. Anyways, let me know when you here of anyone getting on the Crow Wing Chain. I forgot to mention that I fished on Spirit Lake in Menagha this last weekend also and picked up some nice Bluegill. We were actually tip-up fishing Northern but used our extra line to try for Bluegill. For that lake I would say the ones we got were very nice size.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
[email protected]