• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was just wondering how the walleye bite on Trout Lake is and some areas to try. I will be staying at the kom-on-in campground with a group that will be bear hunting and plan on doing some fishing. Thanks

right know the walleye bite is tough. I would try the humps and bars with a rig and a leech. if you want that but I think if I was fishing that I would go with a jig and minnow on the edge of the weeds especially with this year in weather we have had.
good luck
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

Hi Jason thanks for the reply. When you say humps (i'm looking at a map of the lake) and I see 4 humps on the south west end of the lake (they all seem to run together)and top out at about 10 feet according to the map and one little ten foot bar that comes out of sixty feet. These are five spots that I marked on the map as places to try. Are these the places you are talking about? Also, I plan on fishing winni and I have heard the bite has slowed up a bit but there always seems to be something biting on winni. Sorry so long and so many questions but appreciate the pointers.

that would be a start but there are 10-15 other humps all over the lake and the one baches bar that runs the whole west side of the lake all them. winnie has slowed alittle but you can pull a few out of there. I would fish the shoreline there which ever way the wind is blowing to or along. with a jig and minnow
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]