• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grand Rapids Winnie fishing report 8-03-04

It’s the first week of August and it’s hard to believe the walleye fishing is as good as it is. Winnie is still putting out fish like a champ with most of the fish coming out of the deep water. Seems like all the humps have a few fish on them but only a couple have a good bunch of fish. So that means you gotta move around till you find a good bunch of fish. Long lindy rigs seem to be the best right now too. Make sure to start with at least a 6-7ft leader. The perch after being on the rocks for the last couple weeks have kinda disappeared but I think they will start showing up on the humps real soon. The Northern and muskie action have been pretty good the last week with some nice fish coming into them weeds.

Bowstring is still going well with limits of fish being caught off the humps, shoreline, and the main lake break. Pokegama also is putting out some walleyes, Northerns and Bass all day long.So if your coming up to the Grand Rapids area you have a lot of choices right now to get to some of our area’s beautiful resorts and still get some fish
Good luck fishing

Jason Boser
Fishing fever guide service
218-327-2191
[email protected]

Jason,
How have the mayflies been the past few weeks? We will be up in the area in about 3 weeks, also, what is the average temperature for the end of August into Labor Day?

Thanks for your reply, also, how can I get your fish batter here in the cities?

My user name is my e-mail.

Thanks,
GHS

the mayflies are pretty much done there are some bug hatches happening but them little guys I dont know that we will have another this year. temp is nice that time of the year cool evenings warm afternoooon 70ish batter is not in the cities yet working on Joes and Gander moutian maybe by fall otherwise order it on line at moose lake wild rice co.
thanks
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

Jason,
Thanks for the info. We will be on Prairie Lake later this month visiting my wife's grandparents. Do you own a bait shop in Grand Rapids? If so, what's the name, and location? My wife's cousin got the fish batter over the 4th of July holiday, so that's how I know about it, it's very good!!!
Thanks again,
GHS

I do not own a bait shop that would be Bens bait in G.R. I am glad you like it and pass it on to others. you can get it in almost any store in G.R. and deer river and we are out as far as Bemidji so far
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]