• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I and my family will be spending next week on Sand Lake. I've got the fishing hot spots map, a locater and an inkling of a plan, but I thought I'd ask for advice here, too. Mostly, crawlers in 10-12' around suggested structure seems to be the common method. Any other suggestions?

Also, does Sand have suspended forage (ciscoes)? I've read that in the last few years, trolling a crankbait through open water schools of forage has been revealed to be pretty effective. I've always liked trolling cranks, but have never tried them in the open water. Just wondering...

Sand has been alittle slow as of late. Your plan ith a crawler in the 10-12 ft is alright I would maybe try alittle deepr though if that dont work. troling over schools of baitfish might work in places with ciscos but the main forage base in sand is perch so I dont know how effective that would be on the=is lake. good luck with your stay at sand and if you want try differnt lakes up there Bowstring is close and it has been going pretty well and so has winnie
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

Thanks Jason,

I thought that 10-12' sounded shallow this time of year, but I'll try whatever works. If the water's navigable between Sand and Bowstring for our 18' fish 'n ski, we'll look in on Bowstring. Otherwise, we're the kind of family that puts the boat in on saturday and parks the trailer for the week. Hopefully, I'll find 'em.