• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Johnsonator

I am going up to bear lake on the July 4th weekend to do a little fishing. I was wondering if anyone has been fishing this lake and if it is any good. I would like to catch some walleyes and maybe some panfish. If there is any other good lakes near Bear lake I don't have a problem driving. Just looking for some suggestions. Thanks.

Esoxmn

It's been years since i fished bear, but i did the best on walleyes in front of the river.

------------------
Gary

Johnsonator

Thanks for the reply, you are talking about the river right next to the access. Has anyone fished it recently.

Johnsonator

Thanks, is there any other lakes around the area that have good fishing, I know there are a lot of little lakes around that area.

Johnsonator

Thanks, is there any other lakes around the area that have good fishing, I know there are a lot of little lakes around that area.

little buddy

buck lake can be hot at times. there are some mid lake structure to work around. also, i think, it's o'reily just north of there. it's been noted for fabulous crappie action at times.

dafishinman

Hi
I love Bear Lake. I go up there to camp at least once every summer. Fishing can be odd up there though. In front of the river by the access can be a good place to catch any species of fish. I have caught northrens, walleyes, crappies, largemouth and rock bass near the river. When I go up there though, im usually looking for crappies. I know a few different crappie spots. The only time I usually get a walleye is when I accently snag one. But a place or two you can try is if you are standing at the campground looking at the lake, look down the shore to the left and there is a point that comes out. Try working around that point and then there is a picnic/beach area kind of near that point. Try those to places. Hope this helps and hope you can reel in a few nice ones. Good Fishing!

Esoxmn

Do you mean o'leary?

Benfishin

I'll be up there on the 4th. also. I've fished this lake for the last five years. There is absolutely no structure and one big bowl. Your best bet is to put on a spinner or drag a Lindy Rig around the shorelines. I have caught walleyes all over that lake and there doesn't seem to be any pattern at all. There are some decent crappies in the lake and we have caught walleyes up to 23 inches. Good luck and we'll see you up there.

little buddy

yes, probably esox. i'm gettin dyxexlix

Johnsonator

Thanks for all your help! Hey Benfishin, is the bite normally pretty good or fair. I am staying in a cabin near the lake and probly will be out saturday or sunday. Maybe see ya there.

Benfishin

Johnsonator,

The fishing is fair at best. Last year, over the 4th, we never boated a walleye. A few decent crappies and some small northerns. A few years ago we picked up a dozen decent walleyes. So you never know. My father-in-law fished it on the opener and caught 5 walleyes. Don't count on much action but maybe just enough to keep you interested.

mnwild14

dafishinman or anyone who might be able to help,

Could you give me any suggestions on where to find the crappies. I am taking my kids (6,4,2) up the first weekend in August and they would love to catch some. I have caught some before on the West shore, but I think it was just dumb luck that we found them. Any suggestions on looking for them. If you want you can email me at
"mnwild14atyahoo.com"

GoodToGo

This weekend through a combination of stupidity and a malfunctioning low oil alarm I ran my 1997 115 Merc out of oil at cruising speed. The motor quit like the key was turned off, no bad noises. I thought it was out of gas, added 5 gallons. It started again, sounded fine. After 1/4 mile it quit again, the same way. This time I figured out it was out of oil. I added oil, waited awhile, and started it. It seemed to idle fine, so I idled back to the landing, but I could hear a fainter clacking sound. Not rough, but definitely a something was not right. Any thoughts on this? I am bringing it in, but what does experience say?

MOVED TO BOATS AND MOTORS FORUM

Outfitter17

Last year one of my guides went down to the landing to pick up some guests and blew up one of our 175 merc efi. The oil tank was full, and the alarm didn't go off. Apperently the oil pump malfunctioned and witht he alarm not going off he didn't know there was a problem and she blew.

I don't know what your clacking is, but I don't think its good.

Sandmannd

Try posting this here Boats & Motors then you will get help from Marineman and Boatfixer and others that really know boats well.