• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grand Rapids Winnie fishing report 6-20-04

What to tell you this week? How about that winnie, Sand, Bowstring, Jessie, splithand, trout, pokegama, Swan and almost every other lake in our area is really producing some fish.You probably are not going to believe me, but its true. Its been many years since you could say that about almost all the area lakes.
Winnie still has a nice shoreline bite going stoney was good, high banks, muskie, ravens and mallarrard were all good depending on where the wind was blowing. I was out on some of the humps and bars the first ones from shore they are starting to show lots of fish and they were very catchable. We were using ¼ and 3/8 o/z gumballs (I like the long shank jigs when it comes to the deeper water) look for them on your graph and stay in that area and they really bit nice.
Now we talk about going deep in winnie but the other area lakes are the same some are going deep there too. It’s the same bite just a different lake. The one thing I really have to stress is that on winnie you have to throw the big ones back, that’s the law. On other lakes without the slots you can keep them. So please when you go into these other area lakes practice catch and release it keeps our fisheries healthy and there is no need to butcher them fish over 20 in you should have plenty under that for a great fish fry.

Good luck fishing
Jason Boser
Fishing fever guide service
218-327-2191
[email protected]

Thanks for the report Jason. It is appreciated!

------------------
"...and so lives on the Legend of the Great Killer Bald Bear of Claire County."
John Candy
The Great Outdoors

Jason, Has the Mayfly hatch effected the bite?

------------------
Gary