• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi everyone, i'll be fishing the grand rapids area for the first time on sunday may 30th and monday may 31st before heading to cass lake for the PWT tournament that i'll be an amatuer partner in. Wanted to know where I should go around rapids to fish. I have a 15 aluminum with a 15hp motor so I probably should stay away from a big lake incase it gets rough. I'll be fishin alone so if anyone wants to join me i'll be more than happy to have company. i can be emailed at gjboomer at yahoo dot com or post your reply. thanks for any info anyone is willing to give. thank you

Gary

What about Sand jason a 15 is perfect for that lake he could even reach the rock bar.

Might want to give Round Lake at the town of Squaw Lake a try. We limited out Monday and Tuesday within 1/2 mile of the north boat access in 6-9 ft. Smaller boat would work just fine.

Kabul,

Were you fishing Round Saturday and Sunday too? I was out the Friday, Saturday and half of Sunday. We did all right. Others in my party stayed until Tuesday and did much better.

Fished Sand on Saturday and Sunday and got 4 fish total. Monday and Tuesday on Round, water temp was about 10 degrees warmer on Round. We did pick up some crappies on Sand in the evenings.

Prairie Lake holds a lot of walleyes and shouldn't be too bad right now. It's a shallower, stained-water lake so it's a pretty good early season producer. Perfect for the smaller boat and is also very close to the GR area.
Has anyone been out night fishing anywhere yet? Saw a couple of boats at some of the area lakes already. I don't come across too many other people who do it so was just wondering if anyone on here does some. There's a lot of good night lakes in the area for pig walleyes.