• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone had success Fishing the Bigfork River from Dora Lake to the Town of Bigfork?
I fished dora to Wirt once and caught some real nice perch[12" or so] and quite a few small-decent pike. Im just curiouse if any else has had any luck up that way.

Big Island Dude

------------------
Ice fishin SUCKS...
But I do it anyway.

[This message has been edited by BIG ISLAND DUDE (edited 09-16-2004).]

I too am interested in hearing if anyone has had success fishing this strech. I plan on giving it a try this summer. If I remember I will post any results.

Big Island Dude,
I fish Dora a lot late in the hardwater season for the perch bite. Never the river though. I've had really good luck the last few years fishing on the edge of the main channel on the North side of 29. I've got a place in Wirt and hit Dora in the summer occasionally too. When the perch are biting it's pretty good action and the average size is 10" or better.

[This message has been edited by Twitter (edited 02-27-2004).]

There are some long streches of shallow water between Dora and Wirt but early season and in the fall theres several holes that hold Walleyes Northerns and lots of Rock bass. Where creeks dumpin are the best. From Wirt to Harrison landing there are a couple deep holes that can hold lots of fish by the landing theres a old oxbow that has been very good for Northern below the bridge is another good hole then theres a long stretch of shollows. A round the next bridge which is some times called Bailies is some deep water and down a little further there was a couple good holes this is the way it is till you get below Bigfork then you can find the deeper water to be more frequint. From opener till the middle of June then from Labor Day till freeze up is when I fish the river the middle of the summer the bugs are thick. I try not to take many fish home cause theres only so many in a hole and once there gone they don't seem to get replaced till the next spring.

------------------
Fred's Bait
FredsBait.com - Click Here.
E-mail - [email protected]
Phone - 218-246-8710