• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am interested in becoming a fishing guide.
Can anyone give some advice on ways to get started? I have heard of some schools that teach that type of profession. Are they worth attending? Can anyone recommend one? Has anyone heard of guides that are willing to take a young hard working individual under their wing? I am sure that this is a type work that that dosent produce success overnight. If Anyone could give me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated. With the exception of 24 years of fishing the Grand Rapids/Marcel area, I am at ground zero on this dream of mine. I have been putting family and freinds on fish since I was a kid and I beleive that I have the know how, confidence and passion to pursue this. I just need some advice on where to start.

Thanx,
Big island Dude

[This message has been edited by BIG ISLAND DUDE (edited 09-16-2004).]

• 2 weeks later...

You'll need to be a shameless self-promoter. I know a couple guys who donate a few day trips to drawings and have gotten repeat business as a result. Good luck.

how much do ya think a guide would make a year? just an estimate

• 4 weeks later...

Look up Curt Hellickson near Marcell. That guy has been doing it forever years. Great guy... great resource. I'm sure he'd love to talk to a young aspiring guide.

Fish On!

Iron Man

Hey Big Island Dude if you are who i think you are don't you think you should give me some coordinates for that crappie honey hole? It's the least you can do for the guy you make wait at the door trying to make deliveries everyday.

big eye guy,

I would be more than happy to put you on some of my giant "Ice Out Slabs".

$150- half day- per person tongue.gif
$250- Full day- per person tongue.gif

The prices would be cheaper if you actually delivered things ontime grin.gif

Of course I will also be needing to know where you catch those Big Eyes.

------------------
Ice fishin SUCKS...
But I do it anyway.

[This message has been edited by BIG ISLAND DUDE (edited 03-29-2004).]

big island
If you can get me on coon lake, near larson i would give you some cash and you would not have to guide me. Do you know is that lake accessible for anyone or is it all private.
thanks hope to hear from you.
Steve Ciampi