• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

URL Crappie Contest!!! February 21st, 2004 - The ICE Series

The ICE Series is not too far off, ok maybe a little further then I make it sound, but why not start thinking about it now. With all the cold temps and snow, ice fishing is right around the corner. Here are a few details for the ICE Series:

The four lakes that we will fish are:

Lake Winnibigoshish: January 10, 2004.
Tourney Headquarters at Denny's Resort.
Phone: (888) 665-2298
This lake is famous for walleye, perch, nice pike, crappies, gills and both largemouth/smallmouth bass can be found here. We will fish this lake for hot early ice action. It can be fantastic fishing especially for huge pike, jumbo perch, slab gills and crappies and let's not forget all those walleyes.

Mille Lacs Lake: January 24, 2004.
Tourney Headquarters - Fisher's Resort.
Phone : (866) 684-2221
This lake is a walleye factory. It looks like the jumbo perch are back. You also have a shot at nice pike. Crappies, gills and both largemouth/smallmouth bass can be found here if you search hard enough.

Upper Red Lake: February 21, 2004.
Tourney Headquarters - West Wind Resort.
Phone: 218-647-8998
This is one of the top slab crappie producers in the nation. This lake also contains some monster northern pike and lots of pesky perch.

Ice Fishing World Championship
Lake of the Woods: March 13, 2004.
Tourney Headquarters -Schuster's Resort
Phone: (800) 243-2412

This is one of the top walleye/sauger producers in the nation. It is truly a multi-specie lake. Plenty of hog pike and muskie available too. This lake can certainly have some of the best fishing to be found anywhere.

For more information check out the Iceleaders website:

Iceleaders and the ICE Series

Ask any questions you might have and I'm sure someone can help you out.

Should be a great time and I expect that a lot of fish will be caught. It is pretty inexpensive and the locations are awesome! Not to mention all the fun we will have fishing with fellow FM members and Pro Staff too!

I hope to see a lot of you there!

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle
MarCum

[This message has been edited by MJ5 (edited 11-04-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 01-25-2004).]

MG5
What is the ICE Series? Tournament, Leagues, ect...Is there entrance fees???

I need more info please.

[This message has been edited by WhaTT! (edited 11-04-2003).]

Sweet, too bad there's not one closer to the cities - like Tonka or Waconia or something. Millelacs sounds like fun though.

Slow Jigger,

Might not be like the Winnie trip we had last year, Yogi sure is an awesome skier wink.gif Drop me an e-mail and we can car pool to these events. Putting the deck off until spring also gives you a few more bucks for ice fishing wink.gif

Yeah, should be fun this year at the ICE Series. A lot of great lakes. Here's how I invision it...gills the size of my dinner plates at Vermillion...2 pound crappies at Red Lake...a mess of 12 inch perch and a 10 pound walleye at Mille Lacs...and that 14 pound walleye I'm gonna get up on LOW...

Come on, let me have my fun. Never know, it could happen wink.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle
MarCum

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

MJ5,
I edited your post above to include the Winnie part of the series (we changed it from Vermilion).

IceLeader's Challenge Event Series (ICE Series)

It's only $10 if you sign-up now or $15 if you wait a little too long to sign-up for wach event. Enter as many as you wish.

We will be giving away Depth finders-MarCum LX3's, Fish Houses-Otters, Power Augers-Eskimos, Tackle-Today's Tackle (Ice Buster Bobbers)Scenic Tackle(Angel Eyes,Glow Devils)-Bad Dog-Custom Spins and Jigs, Jackets-Columbia, Thorne Bros Sweetheart Rods, LakeMaster LakeMaps and more are coming.

At least give the Winnie Event a shot. We've arranged to have one of the Premier Winnie Ice Fishing guides on the lake to give everyone a few tips on how and where to fish on it prior to the contest start.

We're having a big feed afterwards and then off to test out gear and do some more fishing.

CLICK HERE to get more info on the ICE Series 2004.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-12-2003).]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh yes ready here, ifish2 and I are signed up for all 4 events I dont know how much she will fish, but if she wants to stay at the hotel I'm sure I can go with someone else.
I have never ice fished WBG so this should be fun, and to learn from some of the best at the same time, can it get any better?

------------------
Crappie:
It's the other white meat.

ill be there with a friend. this will be my first ICE
series event. should be fun ive been fishing winnie for a few years (my aunt and uncle have a cabin between judds and the river inlet) can go there almost any time looking forward to fishing with everyone.

------------------
Troutman72

CPR <(((<

Each I.C.E. Series event will be a great time for EVERY level of angler.

KIDS ARE FREE!!!!

We'll have an on ice location for the weigh-ins, situated on a likely fish holding spot. We will have Pro Staff available within a 1/4 mile of that location to help out those who would like help or just want to learn more about ice fishing.

The hard core competitors have the whole lake to fish. We meet at the Resort Headquarters at 7 am, drive out to the on ice location where Pro Staff might just give a few hints as to what is happening on the lake and potential good fishing spots. Everyone starts fishing at 8 am.

2 PM for weigh-ins. We crown the World Greatest Ice Angler and draw for an awesome line-up of prizes (Otter Fish Houses, MarCum Depth Finders or Underwtaer Cameras, Eskimo Augers, Eskimo Fish Houses, Catch-n.com tackle, Custom Jigs and Spins tackle, Yukon Tracks Gear, Thorne Bros Sweetheart Rods, Bio Bait, LakeMaster LakeMaps, Ice Buster Bobbers from Todays Tackle, TackleCity.com Panfish jigs, Scenic Tackle Angel Eyes, Glow Devils, Ryans ATV Racks, and more.....).

Oh yes, we will also have a tailgate style feed, brats, fish fry, and bring a little of your own fixins if you'd like, we'll have grills and fryers for you.

While this is going on most of the sponosrs above will be letting you try out their products for yourself. Pro Staff will be there to help and possibly put you on some more fish as we hit that all important dusk bite.

This is going to be fun. Get your friends, family, girlfriends, boyfriends, kids, aunts, uncles, wives and husbands out to at least one of the events to see what all this I.C.E. Series action is all about.

Get More information at:
http://IceLeaders.com

Sign-up for the ICE Series by CLICKING HERE

Prizes for Championship 1 Showdown on Winni January 10.
Otter Den - Portable fish house
MarCum LX3 Depth/fish finder
Barracuda Ice Auger by Eskimo
Eskimo Quikflip Portable Fish House
An assortment of lures from
Scenic Tackle, Jammin Jigs, Catch N Tackle, Bio Bait and Custom Jigs and Spins
Thorne Bros Ice Rod.
Some DVD's
A Colombia jacket
At the tailgate we'll have Schwiegert sausages and accompanying beverages.
Fun will be had by all. Sign up early. Who's in?

All prizes except for the Trophy will be awarded as door prizes in a drawing. You will need to show up to win though smile.gif

------------------
Paul
[email protected]
Marcum
Otter Outdoors

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 12-15-2003).]

Myself, my wife, and my 14 year old son are in! It will be our first ice series event ever! Cant wait smile.gif Tim

Alright holehopper,
YOU HAVE the right spirit.

We're happy to have you and your family as part of this rapidly growing ice fishing community on

January 10th at Lake Winnibigoshish.
"We Have More Fun"

For those of you lurking:
Will you join us at the ICE Series?

Be an IceLeader and
Be Part of The Leading Edge

CLICK HERE - Then go to ICE Series

Let us know here if you're joining smile.gif

I just may have to look at my calendar for the LOTW and RED trip. I'm planning a trip with the GF, might as well have some fun with the I.C.E Series...I'll look into it because it sounds like a lot of fun.

I HOPE it would be more fun than the ICE TEAM set-up? I fished in some of their trap attacks and the community here is better than there. I would assume that people would be open to helping (as they are on the forum) and talking tips of all sorts at these events, as well as stay competitive.

The first ICE Series event is only two weeks away and it will be here fast. Lake Winnibigoshish is the destination and fishing is the name of the game. Walleyes, perch, and pike dominate these waters and high numbers of each. If you are looking for jumbo perch this is the place, not to mention some hawg walleyes and monster pike. Here's a picture of what you can expect at the ICE Series...and the jumbo perch that Winni is so famous for...

fa2ef2ca.jpg

Some tips, techniques, hot spots, new products, food, friends, great prizes, and a whole lot of fishing (and fish wink.gif)...thats what you can expect at the ICE Series!

See all of you soon!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

I am interested in fishing Winnie the 10-11 in the I.C.E. series, but exactlly how does the tourney work? I saw some kind of point system, I pound of walleye=1 Point, and 1 Pound of Perch=1 Point? Is this how it works? so can you keep a limit of perch? otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to go after the jumbo's if you can only keep a few, 1 nice walleye would be the same as 4 or 5 perch? Please explain how it all works.
Thanks Alot, looking forward to it!

You do not need to fish for just one species.You can fish and for and wiegh in any and all the species.For example you could come in with a limit of perch,two walleyes,a pike and a eelpout.The total weight of ALL your fish is then scored at one point per pound.
This way you can target active fish or what your best at fishing for and if the bite is off you can try for something that is biting.Makes it a lot of fun too! smile.gif

The tourney limits are there to roughly equal the weight of each species.

We will also have some ProStaff and local area guides there to help out those who are new to ice fishing.Its all about the fun and there will be a lot of that around! smile.gif

Trophies and titles(along with bragging rights smile.gif)will be awarded to the biggest bags and the prizes will be awarded by your registration ticket so no matter what your skill level is you have an equal chance at wining a big prize like a new Eskimo auger,Marcum,Otter or Eskimo ice house,and the list goes on!
There are so many prizes that your chance of winning something is VERY good.

Hope to see you there!

[This message has been edited by Dennis Steele (edited 12-28-2003).]

• 2 weeks later...

After a brief cold spell, Temps are forecast to be 20-25 on Saturday.

The jumbo perch bite is on. We have Winnie guides ready to help. Kids under 16 are FREE.

FREE Food is served afterwards. Trophies go out to top anglers. Everyone else gets a shot at some darn nice gear to be given away. Only $10 to enter in advance online or show up at the evnt and enter for $15.

http://IceLeaders.com

fa105530.jpg
Julie with some Winnie perch!

This is Roll Call:
Who is going to be there to join in on the fun?

If you can believe this,
the weather report is even better today....

Snow shower prediction has moved out of Saturday to Sunday. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are warmer.

Making plenty of ice right now....
Balmy on Friday, Saturday, Sunday........

Today: Sunshine along with some passing clouds. High 11F. Winds light and variable.

Tonight: A few clouds. Low near 0F. Winds light and variable.

Thursday: Snow showers ending by midday. Highs in the upper teens and lows in the mid single digits.

Friday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 20s and lows in the upper single digits.

Saturday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 20s and lows in the mid teens.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy with snow showers. Highs in the mid 20s.

Enter today. Thursday 3pm is deadline for online entry-Only $10 ($15 at Denny's Resort.

CLICK HERE to Enter Now - ICE Series For FUN!!!

Rick,

Hope to hook up with you guys in Blackduck Friday night; I won't be getting up there until sometime around 8:30 or so but maybe we can meet up for a cold one.

I'll be there with some of the fishfever crew and a couple rookies. Should be a blast and there should be an abundance of fish caught. What's going to be the odd species caught? Smallie? Largie? Muskie?

For you weather geeks, one of my old professors at SCSU maintains a page that discusses the St. Cloud forecast. It's really well explained and has a variety of awesome links taking you to various radars, satellites and maps. I highly recommend checking it out. Keep in mind, it is for the St. Cloud area: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/weather/default.asp

We will meet at Denny's Resort on Winnibigoshish at 7am. We will head out to the on ice Headquarters and the Contest will start at 8am and run until 2pm.

You can register at the event. You can even show up late. Stop in at Denny's and ask Pat or Rhonda and they will show you where we are.

We will be easy to find.

We would also love to see a few of you from this area there as well.

It's going to be fun boys!!!

Very much hoping to see YOU there smile.gif

ill be there,another rookie for this event. drowned minnow, the word is ,plenty ice for trucks. one post reported up to 24 inches. my self imposed odds for this event 100:1. odds of having fun 1:1.