• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

anyone fish lakers in the winter here, how about caribou?
we were planning a trip on the 10th of jan., and will be chasing lakers.

Knoppers ~ I haven't fished Caribou but some folks do. I've caught lakers locally on the Buckeye Pit near Coleraine and Trout and Bluewater Lakes near Wabana Lake. Also, you might consider giving Pokegama a shot. Nice fish in all of these waters. Good luck.

------------------
Jaw Breaker Guide Service
Phone: 218 778-0087
[email protected]
http://fishtec.com/guide.htm

Check yer regs cause I don't think inland trout waters open till Jan. 17th, hate to burst yer bubble, but it'll save ya' some embarassment and a hefty fine i'm sure.
I've never tried Trout lake in the winter, as I walk to my spots. As far as Caribou, find a lake map and look for the sunken islands. On Caribou you can use 2 lines and live bait, which means shiners. I've only caught one laker out there, about 40-45 feet of water, suspended about 5' feet off the bottom, near some baitfish. I've heard of people catching them as shallow as 20'. I've also heard smaller than normal laker lures are better than bigger ones.

bmc

You should check your regs. As was said in the previous post.
There is alot of good laker fishing around here.Buckeye,and bluewater being your best bet.Good luck I hope you get the right day.