• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Gordon Fothergill

Ice in the area is starting to shape up nicely but still alot of variation. Don't assume the ice is thick enough.

Assume that it is not and check before venturing into new areas.

GF

Greg Clusiau

How right you are Gordy. I found some scary ice on Big Bear Lake, where we have a cabin. This lake is shallow, probably 13' max, and is usually one of the more safer lakes during the first-ice period but I found some very inconsistent ice out there last Sunday. There were places that looked dangerous for an ATV. Anyone wanting to fish there should not drive their truck out on the ice. They'd be down for sure.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the fishing was as poor as the ice. We only caught two fish.

Greg Clusiau

------------------
Jaw Breaker Guide Service
Phone: 218 778-0087
[email protected]
http://fishtec.com/guide.htm

Graybuck

We were on Swan and only found 10 inches of good ice, fishing was poor, no walleyes and lots of small perch.

Greg Clusiau

Hi GrayBuck ~

Your right. I was on Swan last Tuesday. Had the exact same results as you. 10" of ice (where someone was driving a pickup on the north end!) and a tough bite. The ice was really popping and banging on this afternoon/evening. I've noticed skittish fish behavior during this phenomenon. All I caught was a 3# pike and some perch. Had a couple lookers/sniffers after dark. Couldn't get them to bite.

Merry Christmas..........Greg C

Esoxmn

has anyone been on swan lately? I saw a few full sized truck out there yesterday. I was wondering how thick is the ice?