• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I do a lot of open water at Trout, but have never ice fished...anybody out there that can tell what the fishing is like for crsppies, jumbo perch (I catch them during open water) or walleyes?

Elrom,

I ice fish it a little for walleye. Find a decent piece of structure (almost anywhere in Trout Lake) and set up in 16-21' of water during the low-light periods of early morning or sunset and you'll probably catch a few fish. I've experienced a short-bite (small window of opportunity) at both ends of the day. Get there early, drilling holes and making noise, set up and wait for them to make their move. Good luck.

Greg C.

some good spots to try for walleye and crappie are in front of the fire hall and in the bay by the park the craps are tough ussually they appear one night stick around for a couple weeks then boom gone again.
good fishin
grfm