• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Well, Here we go again! Another hardwater season is beginning smile.gif
Sylvans Bay in town is going great guns for crappies right now!
Late in the day seems to be best.
We got 16 this evening and their seems to be more people showin up so i would get there soon!
Just a little info for my fellow FMers.

mwktrapper

Dogma, What are you fishin in? I'm out there every night in my little one man scout. The bite has been good and the walleyes are mixed in also. Get 'em while it's good.

grfisherman2001

mwk ive been out in about 36ft fish em 18 to 22 foot down got one last night 14+ in and one last night and tonight 13+in good fishin to be had. by the way hows the trap workin for ya. i hope i gave ya a good deal. ya im the same one who sold it to yoou had my pc down for a few months and forgot my password for the other screenname.
good fishin
grfm

mwktrapper

Hey gr, The scout has been working wonders. Once I got a little system going I could move and set up in just seconds. What are you fishin in nowadays?
The bite has been good out there. It helps a load to move around a lot out there. I've found out that moving 10 feet will make the difference between a limit and no fish at all. There are some pigs out there also.

grfisherman2001

mwk
i had the 7x8 eskimo. awesome fishhouse like the trap with my system i can be fishing in no time. i love lots of room and light and slides great on the ice and snow.i thought i had seen you out there sat but wasnt sure. we had set up over the crappie hole about 11 or 12 in the morning i thought you were east of us. which area you gettin the eyes in?
we'll have to get out fishin soon.
good fishin
grfm

mwktrapper

Lately I've been fishin the deeper water cause the crappies are bitin well. A few days back though, if you fish right before the hole on the breakline in around 30-32 ft., you'll catch crappies and 'eyes together. How'd you do out there in the mornin like that? good fishin'

grfisherman2001

we did horible but we were tryin on the bottom how bout you? im goin out this afternoon to try again.

grfisherman2001

mwk was out again this evening and got 7 only one biggun in between 14 1/2 and 14 3/4 man am i gettin some slabs out there this year.
good fishin
grfm

mwktrapper

I wasn't out there Saturday mornin, I'm yet to try the mornin bite out there this year. Has done well for me in year's past. My buddies were out there tonight and said it had slowed down some. I haven't been out for a couple nights, I'm in the process of building a big permanant also. I'm probably gonna start hitting some other lakes now that we're getting some good ice.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Mike89
      I like the idea!!!👍
    • reddogdth
      Just a heads up to all.  Someone has been cutting off the Catalytic convertors on vehicles at the landings on Island Lake Reservoir.  Trucks are targeted do to the clearance and ease to get under.  They hit several vehicles on Friday morning and were trying to sell the parts at a local scrap yard by 11:30am the same day.  It cost me over $500.00 to replace this weekend.  Police where notified.
    • rodbender27
      Thank you for your opinion. I respectfully disagree with just standing by, as multiple 3lbs+ bass were shown to me in a livewell this morning coming off of a 300acre lake. Again i completely realize this is a legal choice to make, and at times selective harvest is necessary for maintaining a healthy ecosystem. Where I live in Minnesota, bass are plentiful, but fish of that calliber and bigger are not growing on trees and it takes multiple years to get to maturity. As aforementioned, i am serious about the sport aspect of bass fishing and hate to think of the idea of 10+ yr old fish being taken from lakes of such small size especially. I have personally seen the possibilities catch and release offers as myself and a buddy have caught the same 4lb fish with distinct bird/pike bite marks on 3 separate occasions just this spring/summer alone.  Again i do not mean to shame these people for being proud of catching quality fish, just want to find the best way to try to shape their thinking to take a more conservationally responsible approach to fish harvest choices. I appreciate any help i can get
    • delcecchi
      They split FM and HSO.   Turned out to be a bad decision in my opinion.   
    • delcecchi
      If I were you I would mind my own business.  Harvesting bass instead of just annoying them is perfectly legal.    You could always write a strongly worded letter to the DNR and your state legislators suggesting special regulations on those lakes that concern you or even a statewide change if you really feel that it is a problem.     
    • Horseshoe_Don
      I have 2 large anchors so movement is not a problem as long as the wind is not too heavy which causes a little rocking.    The screen was as detailed as it is in winter.    As far as fishing went.    I was marking a lot of fish but most were cats.   I only marked a couple of possible walleyes but no takers, but in fairness I was only testing and was not in my best spot and was only there about 20 minutes.    Have to try again later in some of my winter hot spots.   Don
    • Wanderer
      That’s what I’m wondering too!  Mostly how well you can actually keep your bait in your ducer cone.  For a pontoon fisher I can see some pretty cool positives for the setup!
    • Borch
      Now I've seen it all!  😁 So how'd it go?
    • rodbender27
      Looking for advice on how to approach/converse with those who choose to keep bass. I have worked at public boat accesses around the metro for a few years now and see anglers taking bass home with them more often than I would care to see. As an avid bass fisherman, I have bias toward complete catch and release on all bass that are caught, however i understand that it is completely legal to harvest bass as long as one is complying with harvesting laws. The big problem for me persoany is when i see people keeping the totally wrong size fish (15"+) if you were to want to keep some.  I have struggled in how to go about trying to make people think twice about choosing to keep bass (or at least the larger fish) without making it awkward or seeming like i am shaming them. Would like any input on how I could go about conversing with these people. Any personal accounts would be great, thanks  
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I have heard the same reports. Good to hear that the walleyes on the West end may be starting to recover! Cliff