• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any muskies in Jay Gould Lake (Cohasset)?

It's listed in that Muskie hot spot book (Sportsmans Connection ?). I tried it a couple weeks ago but got nothin' but small pike and a couple nice bass. Is it worth tryin' again ?

jtroop. i have fished jay gould one time which was towards the begining of the summer. we raised two fish in the lowers 40's and i missed one on topwater. its not a numbers lake but theres some nice fish there. good luck

Thanks for the info. My Grandpa lives on the lake and it never occurred to me to pitch for anything but the regular fare prior to seeing that lake in the book.

Jtroop,
I have fished there a few times. We caught a crazy amount of northerns on the weed humps on the river bend down stream from the public launch.
I've seen a couple decent Muskies and they were both in the bay on the south side with all the houses. Concentrate more on the mouth of the bay starting out a ways and working in........use bright baits!
Have fun!
Shayne