• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A couple of friends and I are coming up on the 29th to fish Northstar and maybe Deer. Does anyone have a fishing report on these lakes or lakes close by? Any info would greatly help.

alfishdaily, I just got back from five days on nothstar. We caught most of our fish at night because of the heat. We fished the point straight out from cedar point resort with small pike minnows on spinner rigs from sunset to around 10pm and the walleyes were hitting good. I am not much of a muskie fisherman but we got some good action at the cattail island in the bay just off 38. Also did well in deeper weeds around the channel to other large section of lake.

I was using an orange hook with orange blade, my brother has a chartruese hook with chart bead. We got eyes up to 23". We did get some in the moring but keeping the rock bass off in the morning was a hassle, also got some very nice large and smallmouth with this technique. During daylight hours we were fishing 12-17ft the best action was just at night fall in 4-7 ft till about 10pm on the weed flats with deep water adjacent. Good luck Adam

ATM, was there a certain color or depth that was working better? Did you fish in the morning at all? Was there any size to the walleyes that you caught?

BOTH ARE GOOD LAKES!!!!!!
FISH YOUR A_ _ OFF AND YOU WILL BE REWARDED!!