• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody been catching fish in this area? Does anybody do any good on Little Turtle in the eary fall for walleys? Was on their this spring for the first time with no luck, looks like it would be a good lake.Planing a trip in the area in Sept.

lITTLE TURTLE is a great fall fishing lake with big eyes and nice pike and numbers of big gills bulking up before winter. But dont limit your self to just that lake you could also try Maple and Big Turtle and have good luck.

Little Turtle got pounded hard years back but the walleye have been recovering nicely since. The problem right now is there is a tremendous population of 4 to 5 inch perch in the lake. I fished it at late ice out and where ever you went you couldn't keep them off your hook, both shallow and deep. The walleye have so much food right now it makes for a tough bite. In fall there are a lot of good walleye lakes to fish such as Jessie, Bowstring, Sand to name a few. Good luck, if nothing else the area in fall is a great place to just sit back and enjoy!!!

I own a home on an area lake, so I am up there often and all I do is fish. I mostly fish for smallies and lagemouth and the bite has been great in the morning and evening, spinner baits have worked well. still fishin with suckers and shiners have produced the biggest fish lately (24"largemouth, 22" largemouth, 18" smallie, and lots of 15"-17" fish). The pike have moved a little deeper do to the hot weather. Their are alot of smaller lakes in the area that produce some realey nice bass. I dont do much walleye fishin, so im not much help in that dept.

------------------
I never vote for, I alawys vote against

Thanks for the replies, where would try for the eyes at from the boat landing? We went to the left in 10-15ft of water trolling with crawlers. Cault big gills a few crappies and millions of little perch.On the DNR lake search their is some nice size crappies in there.