• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

ATM

I will be making my first trip to this lake in a couple of weeks. Looking to hook into some Muskies. Any info would be appreciated.
Adam

Iron Man

Muskie bite has been pretty good on North Star recently from what I've heard. There is a 23 pounder on the board at Frontier in Marcel and I talked to a guy who says he's been catching quite a few smaller muskies on North Star. That's always a good sign. They may finally be taking off in the lake. I have a couple of buddies who are fishing North Star today. If I hear from them I'll let you know how they did.

Fish On!

Iron Man

ATM

Iron Man thanks for the reply. I am really looking forward to getting up there.I have had some great fishing down here in the cities this year but it is just not the same as being up north in gods country. Adam

Iron Man

Amen! Being from the Winona area, it's about a 6 hour drive for me up to Big Ole Lake, but it's always worth the trip.

By the look of the infamous "board" in Marcel, North Star has been about the hottest lake in Itasca county. Lots of fish entered from walleye to largemouth to northen and of course the afformentioned muskie. You should have a blast up there this weekend! Good luck and enjoy the scenery!

Fish On!

Iron Man

jigglestick

please excuse me for this little bit of comentary, but i remembered something reading this post. some time back, when i or others caught a nice fish, and felt the need to brag via blue book, or picture board, we would allways say where caught, "north star". it got to the point, some one would say where did you catch that one? with out hesitation we would say simultaniously " north star". i allways wondered how many people did that.
one thing to remember, is them fish most definatly came from somewhere. the nice thing about this beautiful area is that there is allway a bite going some where. the hardest part is trying to decide which of the thousand plus lakes to fish next smile.gif
the smallmouth action seems to be heating up pretty good right now. try big trout, wabana, or deer lake. offshore humps. tube jigs to twister tails, casting up and pulling off, also leeches or crawlers with plain hook, and a meduim split shot about 3-4 feet from the hook/leech/worm.
good luck, enjoy your trip!!

------------------
keep your drinks on ice!!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

ATM

Jigglestick, I did not know you fished anywhere but Red kind of scares me that my family and I will need lead suits or something to fight off all the wierd stuff you guys have going on Red if you have been in the area. Anyway thanks for the info Adam

jigglestick

you just never know where you are going to run into me smile.gif it's a small world, with many lakes. i do think there is a lighter weight summer version, of the lead suit, however, i have found that by carrying around two deep cycle batteries at full charge, you will be unaffected by the force! give it a try smile.gif

------------------
keep your drinks on ice!!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

Wildlineman

How did your trip go? Are the fish turned on in North Star Lake? I'm thinking of fishing there for the first time in August. Any tips will be greatly appreciated!!

Shayne

ATM

Shayne, my trip got postponed, I have reservation on northstar for aug. 16-22 and will post results. Adam

Wildlineman

ATM,
I'll be fishing in the area Aug 3rd-8th. We may fish there depending on what we find on other lakes. We usually fish a lake a day for Muskies. I'll post my success or failures here if we fish North Star Lake.
Good Luck!
Shayne

ATM

Wild, how did you guys do I am heading up this saturday after I hit the game fair in the morning, I can hardly wait this work stuff is for the birds. Adam

Wildlineman

Adam,
Sorry man but we decided not to fish Northstar. We fished Moose, Little Wolf, Cass and Leech and seen a lot of fish! Portage Bay Muskies were hot! Think thick weeds in the 6-10 foot range.........
Shayne